tisdag 6 maj 2008

Jag är inte kompis med en fransk filosof


Jag läser någonstans att Scritti Polittis sångare Green Gartside var kompis med Jacques Derrida och blir sjukt imponerad. Gartside om sitt första möte med Derrida över en middag i Paris:

"I didn't acquit myself at all well. We were talking about music and I asked him why he had never written a book about music expressly, and he said that is the most difficult thing. In a sort of slippery Derridean way, he said something to the effect that his books aspire to the condition of musicality, that's the loftiest aim he had. Then he said how much he liked jazz. I had a little go at him. I had used his arguments against jazz in the past in relation to ideas of spontaneity, improvisation and unmediated expression."

Jag plockar fram några Derrida-texter och påminns om att han aldrig var min favorit bland franska filosofer. För mkt skrift, markering, spår. För lite ideologi, position och kropp.

Men, fortfarande sjukt imponerad.

Inga kommentarer: